Bookkeeper and Job Cost Accountant
- Are you an analytical, fact-based problem solver who is no-nonsense and drama-free?
- Are you a skilled bookkeeper with solid job cost accounting and QuickBooks experience?
- Do you want your work to make a difference in a growing, entrepreneurial business?
If so, as the Bookkeeper for Fifer Custom Homes, you will run the day to day of our financial operation, including AR/AP, job cost accounting, reconciliation, payroll, billing, and other administrative work. We are an established custom home builder and remodeler in rapid growth mode, and we are seeking an experienced, skilled bookkeeper who prefers working in a small company where the impact of your work matters to the success of the business.
We will provide overall financial leadership, systems, and processes, but are open to you coming in to make things better and more efficient. You will not be micro-managed.
This is a 35+ hour position in Richardson with flexibility on schedule and limited work-from-home time. This is the perfect position for a highly skilled bookkeeper who wants work/life balance. Hourly pay is $25.
- 3-5 years bookkeeping or staff accounting experience
- Accounting degree and construction accounting experience strongly preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of financial reporting
- Robust Quickbooks knowledge (Contractor edition a plus)
- Demonstrated upper-level Excel skills
- Job cost accounting
- Complete weekly bank reconciliations
- Complete monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and post reconciling items.
- Schedule and post standard and recurring journal entries
- Schedule, code and post credit card activity
- Enter and post all journal entries
- Generate sub-ledgers for accounts receivable, accounts payable and research any variances to general ledger
- Research and document balance sheet and income statement variances
CLICK HERE TO APPLY (no email applications)